The Manufacturing Controls Engineer plans and designs electrical and controls system solutions for manufacturing processes and coordinates integration of machinery for manufacturing plant to maximize yield and productivity. The engineer maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods & processes, and work force utilization. He/she determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification. The ideal candidate uses creativity to problem solve and enjoys working collaboratively with others on the floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
• Maximizes product yields by analyzing equipment, workflow, assembly methods & processes
• Justifies new equipment and integrates into manufacturing using disciplined approach to qualification of equipment and process
• Prepares and utilizes statistical data analytics to make sound decisions on equipment and processes
• Troubleshoots electrical and controls issues impacting equipment availability and product quality
• Maintains and develops documentation for equipment and control systems.
• Maintains and updates documentation including drawings, machine specifications and standards
• Develops and implements work instructions and documentation for procedures and provides training to affected associates
• Provides support and information for new and sustaining product development in regards to manufacturability
• Identifies waste reduction opportunities and executes a plan to eliminate
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (BSEE preferred)
• 3+ years relevant engineering experience
• Good knowledge of production/manufacturing processes and automation
• Proficiency with schematics and wiring diagrams
• Experience designing and programming Vision Inspection systems, PLCs and HMIs preferred