The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible the release of the product offering bills of materials and the related drawings, for the business unit, to the manufacturing floor for fabrications. Other duties may include small research and development activities related to new and existing product line, as well as providing sales and marketing support of our existing products. All duties to be performed per documented procedures.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
For production engineering activities, provide the standard product information needed for product fabrication. This information includes generating:
· Bills of Material
· Shop drawings
· Vendor drawings
· Purchase order specifications for outside parts and materials
· Customer drawing
· Production engineering non-standard product information needed to meet customer specifications.
Research and Development
· Implement, research and develop design changes to improve the quality, maintainability, and cost of existing product lines.
· Interface with manufacturing personnel to identify needed changes to products and engineering procedures.
· Provide feedback to purchasing to improve the quality and performance of parts.
· Improve and/or develop engineering calculations / computer programs in order to increase the accuracy of Bills of Material, parts, etc.
· Work with manufacturing and customers to identify any areas that need to be improved to increase quality be it through process or tooling improvements.
Required experience and knowledge
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (or similar discipline)
7+ years in a manufacturing engineering environment preferred
SolidWorks & AutoCAD experience
Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Available for limited Domestic and International travel
· Greenbelt/DFSS certified
· Ability to work independently
· Willingness to learn new technologies
· Mechanical Engineering experience
· Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
· Proficient project management skills
· Good knowledge of mechanical industry
· Cause identification/FMEA experience
· Working knowledge of SAP/HOS
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.