Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Temporary) Summer
Location: Caledonia, Minnesota
Reports To: Director, Manufacturing Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Overview: Responsible for developing and improving current and future production processes and updating production Standard Operating Procedures under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineers. Perform audits on current Standard Operating Procedures. Leading the implementation and improvement of 5S in manufacturing; including setting up and continuously monitoring audits and making changes based on audit findings. Update manufacturing specifications for current processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and improve current and future production processes under the direction of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Update production Standard Operating Procedures under the direction of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Perform audits on current Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lead the implementation and improvement of 5S in manufacturing, including setting up and continuously monitoring audits and making changes based on audit findings.
- Update manufacturing specifications for current processes at the bat shell and finished product levels.
- Troubleshoot daily production issues when they arise.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Education Required:
- Prefer completion of at least two years towards Bachelor's degree in Composite Materials Engineering program including related courses Introduction to Composite Materials, Introduction to Engineering Statistics, and Composites Manufacturing.
- Prefer training in lean manufacturing and 5S.
- Knowledge of hands-on product and process testing is a plus.
- Ability to complete and handle detailed work instructions.
- Ability to handle difficult tasks with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of common manufacturing techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a demanding, dynamic environment where precision, quality, and confidentiality are top priority.
Working Conditions: Manufacturing work environment, lab environment, warehouse environment, and/or general office environment.