Country:United States of America
Location:HKS31: US041-Lenexa, KS 10800 Pflumm Road , Lenexa, KS, 66215 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Manufacturing Engineerin Lenexa, KS.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing Engineer will perform conventional, engineering assignments that involve equipment, processes, machines, tools, product design and development systems, testing of materials, preparation of specifications, process studies, Improvements on systems and processes, and research investigations.
- Performs time studies, Line balancing activities, Job breakdown analysis, labor calculations.
- Familiarity with Material Flow presentation, Andon systems, Materials replenishment as Kanban and Pull systems
- Familiar with Problem Solving techniques (Cause and Effect, 8D, 3D)
- Familiar with Kaizen activities, 5’s, Identification of 7 types of waste.
- Conducts Ergonomic assessments analysis; value stream mapping exercises
- Vision for Innovation & technology to provide solutions to problems involving limited variables.
- Focuses on existing products or processes.
- Collaborates with drafters, technicians, and others to contribute to project completion.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and operating groups to facilitate participation of various organizational units.
- Performs professional Manufacturing Engineering assignments of a moderate degree of complexity under direction and supervision with some latitude for independent action and decision.
- Applies basic engineering principles to perform tool process design, fabrication, modification and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations.
- Prepares plans, process specifications and procedures, production aids and assembly fixtures, MRP support studies, factory cost work standards and assignments of similar.
- Conducts analysis or tests of a routine degree of complexity pertaining to the development of new methods, materials, processes or standards and provides recommendations accordingly.
- Familiarity with Preventive Maintenance (Planning and execution)
- Understanding of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Design for assembly and manufacturing principles
- Equipment cost estimation, equipment procurement process, buy off and validation
- Lead production teams to execute improvements related Safety, Quality, efficiency, Ergonomics.
- Standard layout principles, Process/material flow, Familiar with AutoCad program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university, Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering preferred;
- At least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO9000, or equivalent quality standards and systems
- Familiar with Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or similar readiness assessment methods
- CAD Tool Design experience
- Six Sigma, Green Belt
- Experience with PLC, Labview, or similar programming software.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms