Auto req ID: 7290
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Function: Engineering
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time:Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our Powertrain Operations facility, located on Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls, WI, is where the “jewel” of the motorcycle comes to life. Pilgrim Road employees produce engines and transmissions for the final assembly plant in York, Pennsylvania, as well as transmissions, and replacement parts for sale through Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories business. Join our team as a Manufacturing Engineer and help build the world’s most sought-after motorcycles.
Enhance component manufacturing by assuring that parts or assemblies are processed and tooled to meet optimum quality, quantity and cost requirements. Provide technical support to analyze and develop manufacturing control systems. Interface with Work Group Advisors/Process Leader, Work Groups, Quality and Product Engineering, and Manufacturing Support Services. Develop cost reduction programs through manufacturing efficiency improvements, schedule attainment, and first run capacity.
- Provide instruction, guidance and training in the development of new processes and in the resolution of manufacturing problems
- Participate with product engineering to design parts for manufacturability
- Provide productivity improvements to reduce total manufacturing cycle time
- Reduce overall costs through tooling and process improvements
- Provide robust processes, tools and gages to reduce variation in the manufacturing process.
- Provide processes that meet Harley-Davidson's standards in quality, ergonomics and safety along with sustaining required production rates
- Support the development and implementation of systems and processes to ensure continuous improvement, world-class-level quality, and a high performance work environment
- Interface with supervisors, process leads, product engineers and operators in the development of tools, fixtures, and machines to support existing and new product and process design
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Preferred
- Demonstrated understanding and practical application of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Detail process planning including work balancing, work standard development, operator and equipment utilization, ergonomics, PFMEA, quality controls, tooling, fixturing, and gaging.
- Knowledge of process control and quality assurance, SPC, and process capability, documentation/information using CAD, Network/software and PC applications.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 standards and their relationship to company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Experience with formal problem solving methodology.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge of PLC programming and troubleshooting capability.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance