Build a career at Lee Company!
Lee Company has been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Tennessean newspaper for multiple years and is proud to offer:
• The ability to advance your career through our accredited Lee Company University
• Opportunities to serve and give back to local communities
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Wellness program with cash incentives
• Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
• Basic life & AD&D insurance
• Voluntary life insurance
• Short- and long-term disability
• Accident & critical illness coverage
• Home & auto discounts
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Full-time work
• Employee assistance program
• Chaplain services
• No-cost will preparation services, identify theft protection and healthy rewards program
Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive.
Responsible for managing shop scheduling and logistics activities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Functional owner and responsible for the fabrication and logistics data architecture
- Responsible for maintaining, analyzing, and making available the data/information that directly impacts meeting production goals on time, on budget, with zero defects and zero accidents
- Maintain expected/high levels of productivity, cost, quality, and on-time delivery of manufactured products
- Responsible for updating fabrication KPI’s to support OKR’s; has significant input into the development of new KPI’s
- Assists the manufacturing staff to outline work-plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Helps in coordinating activities of project personnel to ensure fabrication projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Meet deadlines associated with logistical activities through continual collaboration, data analysis, and the principals of project management
- Generate and analyze complex reports from unrefined data in order to provide management with key driving factors and metrics
- Consult with internal customers regarding the standardization of procedures and inputs to improve logistics procedures
- Implement and manage tracking system to manage resources, quality of deliverables, and facilitate communication with project groups on progress
- Ensure all logistical activities are in accordance with defined company ISO standards; offer key input to the development and accountability of ISO standards
- Collaborate with IT, BIM, and other organizational leaders and stakeholders to build upon a shared vision
- Train logistics team on duties as it relates to their responsibilities
- Ensure safe working conditions and processes targeting zero accidents; maintain DOT compliance
- Ability to handle stress and job demands.
- Cooperatively work with others.
Foster an environment of continuous improvement:
- Elimination of waste
- Customer satisfaction (service, quality, on-time & complete delivery)
- Employee empowerment and morale
- Developing employees’ skills and capabilities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business, operations, or equivalent
- Previous experience as an industrial engineer or equivalent strongly preferred
- Previous management experience strongly preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good communication skills and be able to effectively manage all logistical processes/functions
- Should have strong organization skills to perform scheduling while managing workforce levels effectively
- Must understand DOT rules and regulations.
- Ability to meet deadlines to deliver products on time is required
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Individuals working at the Fab Shop may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F).
Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, or kneel frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.
Find us Online:
Check out our careers page: http://www.leecompany.com/careers/
Lee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.