Interested in working with one of the markets leading manufacturers? The Greenheck Group is a leading growth-focused, environmentally conscious, commercial HVAC manufacturer. Join our team which proudly designs and manufactures the most comprehensive line of ventilation products in the industry. The Greenheck Group is a dynamic multi- branded international organization. Our equipment is used worldwide in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities, ranging from comfort ventilation to manufacturing processes. Our efficient products improve comfort, safety, and health of lives across the planet. Since 1947, we are deeply committed to helping you “Build Your Future,” through professional growth, challenging leadership roles, and exciting opportunities around the world.
Greenheck tempered air products are designed to heat, cool, and dehumidify outdoor air to improve indoor air quality and comfort for occupants in schools, hotels, restaurants and other commercial buildings. We are leaders in providing configurable make-up air, energy recovery, and packaged ventilation rooftop equipment due to our commitment to providing the best value for our customers with superior product quality and customer service.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our expanding organization as we begin build out of our new Shelby, NC location. This person will be responsible for optimizing factory costs, quality, and customer service through the conception, development, and implementation of new or improved manufacturing processes, equipment, tooling, material flow, plant layout, or product design.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for manufacturing processes and equipment
- Coordinate and implement training initiatives to support manufacturing
- Recognize and propose design changes to improve manufacturability
- Participate in process improvement teams
- Develop processes, procedures and supporting documentation to enhance cost, quality and customer service while ensuring safety and compliance with government regulations
- Major drivers include productivity, material utilization, value engineering, lead time management, schedule attainment, and improved throughput
- Purchase and implement tooling and equipment to support daily operations
- Support and participate in value engineering initiatives
- Identify and implement improvements to material utilization, cell layout and machinery efficiency
- Provide summarized data to influence key management decisions relating to budgeting, staffing, and capacity planning
- Participate in Lean initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field or similar required
- Between 2-4 years of work experience is desired. Experience in a manufacturing environment is also preferred.
- Basic AutoCAD and solid modeling skills are preferred
- Project management skills required
- SAP experience is a plus
- Basic understanding of Lean concepts are preferred
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.