Inspired Energy is an industry leading manufacturer of Smart Batteries and Smart Battery products with the primary focus on design and manufacture of world class rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries and chargers for global distribution. Headquartered in Newberry, FL, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as a one of the top companies in low volume, high customization portable power products with the use of innovative business solutions and top-quality customer support.
We are looking for amanufacturing engineer who will oversee shop floor product development at all phases from design to production predominantly on our 2nd shift.The candidate will perform highly diversified duties such as installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive systems and processes to support the achievement of our business goals and objectives.
Candidates who are not self-sufficient, organized, mechanically inclined, hardworking problem solvers need not apply.
- Manage the successful transition of new products and technology into the production arena.
- Write appropriation requests and prepare quotes.
- Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews.
- Evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specs and other documents.
- Design and procure tools/equipment.
- Process development and documentation of manufacturing work instructions.
- Support prototyping activities of new product development.
- Evaluate and solve production problems.
- Manage production operations, including all activities of the shop floor and follow established procedures and approved processes.
- Willingness to perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and painting repairs as necessary
- Implement preventative maintenance measures
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol
- Maintain clean working environment
- Able to use schematics, blueprints, wiring lists and instructions to assemble/modify units
- Conduct basic electrical testing
- Assist and support others as necessary
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity, specifically basic mechanic and electrical knowledge
- Results Oriented.
- Organizational Skills.
- Performance Management.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Vocational/trade school or bachelor’s degree
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including lathes, CNC machines, electronic test equipment and small hand tools
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Able to work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures and highly detail oriented
- Proven ability to problem solve independently
This position is classified as medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes as well as possessing the visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The worker may be subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and working on scaffolding and high places.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing for up to 2 hours at a time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
All post-secondary education listed on a Candidate’s application and resume must be verifiable, including but not limited to dates of attendance and degree/diploma awarded. Post-secondary education includes any courses taken through an accredited college or university in pursuit of a degree.Salary to commensurate with qualifications and or experience.
Candidates must send resumes to Inspired Energy HR department30 days from the posting date to be considered.
Inspired Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at Inspired Energy are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Inspired Energy will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.