|Reference # :||19-05973||Title :||Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location :||Newnan, GA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||05/28/2019 / 07/28/2019|
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
The basic purpose or function of this position is to evaluate components to determine reparability, work scope, process capability, repair cost, required tooling, fixtures, etc. Uses OEM's Overhaul Manuals to determine component part number, engine applicability, cleaning requirements, inspection requirements, and repair work scope needed to support repair development.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• 3 + years prior manufacturing experience, aerospace experience preferred OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Capable of producing detailed and accurate data
• Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
• Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position works on a manufacturing and repair shop, and will require the employee to wear the following specific PPE that will be provided by the company: Steel toes shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses.
The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
• Compile project plans to show people/departments involved and implementation progress and completion schedules
• Generate all required routings, procedures, process descriptions to be used for R&D and production implementation
• Follow project through all phases of conception, R&D, production implementation, and continued production support
• Troubleshoot problems on existing production issues requiring Engineering support and input
• Support production processing in areas of welding, brazing (torch and vacuum), heat treating, peening (shot and glass bead), thermal spray, surface finishing, coating, machining, grinding , NDT
• Interface with customer Engineering to ensure customer engineering requirements are met (approvals, specifications, capabilities)
• Work with all department heads as needed to introduce, plan, incorporate, and follow through with projects as required
• Work closely with Tool Design for tooling/fixturing/gaging concepts, designs, costs, methods, etc.