We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting TitleManufacturing Engineer
Job Description SummaryManages programs and processes, typically under direction of the Plant Operations Manager, in order to ensure safe, timely and efficient operation of all plant machinery and equipment.Manages the staff, processes and activities for maintaining all plant machinery to ensure safe, continual and efficient operation.Ensures that periodic and preventive maintenance are appropriately scheduled and accomplished.Oversees department goal setting, activity scheduling, work performance and performance management to ensure measurable goals, proper workload distribution, goal satisfaction and effective staff performance management.Monitors and continually improves processes and personnel performance to achieve enhanced levels of efficiency.
- Ensure that equipment and production processes run safely
- Continuously evaluate the production equipment and make sure that it’s as efficient as possible
- Design, implement and refine production processes and equipment to maintain target production levels
- Work with production and quality to insure we are making a quality product
- Work closely and oversee maintenance and technicians to solve problems with machinery
- To be involved in cost reduction, energy consumption and controlling pollution levels
- Develop detailed project schedules
- Manage project budgets and expenditure
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Coordinate with maintenance, venders, and suppliers to meet production needs, quality, and deadlines
- Providing training and technical support to employees
- Work with production to make good and clear process work instructions
- Work with Maintenance Manager to make good and clear PM work instructions
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of buildings and equipment
- Mentoring Engineering Technicians and Interns
- Review downtime information and create solutions to reduce or eliminate the downtime
- Continue their education by going to school, training, seminars, or trade shows
- Be a leader in continuous improvement activities
- Keep a positive attitude and lead by example
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Applied Science in Automated Manufacturing, Tool Engineering Technology or Mechanical Engineering (Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science in the same preferred) or equivalent work experience in the Manufacturing Engineering or Process Engineering function.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in working with powder metal equipment (compacting, forging, finishing) preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Manufacturing Tooling Setup (compacting, forging, finishing) function preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer software i.e. AutoCAD or similar software.
KNOWLEDAGBLE IN THE FOLLOWING
· AIAG Measurement Systems Analysis.
· AIAG Production Parts Approval Process.
· AIAG Statistical Process Control.
- Technical Expertise
- Tools & Technology
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline and metal forming technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 21,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.