Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific's Palatka Mill is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer-Recovery Boiler for its mill located in Palatka, FL. Located just south of Jacksonville and west of St. Augustine, FL, the Palatka mill employs about 850 people, has two Kraft paper machines, three tissue paper machines as well as several converting lines and produces consumer tissue products such as bath tissue and paper towels sold under the Georgia-Pacific brand names of Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern®, Brawny®, and Sparkle®. This position reports directly to the Recovery Product System Leader. And will work with leaders from Pulp, Power and Recovery, maintenance, operations, and engineering.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Create and lead an environment where the team achieves zero incidents in Environmental, Health and Safety. Ensure excellence in the areas of chemical process safety and process safety management.
- Lead and mentor employees to apply MBM in ways that are consistent with our Guiding Principles
- Lead the effort to identify, investigate, recommend and implement equipment improvements, new systems and process changes that will improve productivity, yield, quality and/or reduce costs
- Execute and optimize Georgia-Pacific reliability and asset strategies for technology center
- Provide technical expertise and transfer knowledge to operators/technicians, Technical Capabilities Leader, Asset Availability Leader (AAL), Reliability Coordinator, and Shift Capability Leaders
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of safety, asset reliability, cost optimization, quality capability, productivity and strategic capital planning and execution
- Obtain Engineering and Project Management resources on capital improvement projects
- Position team for year-over-year continuous improvement
- Interface with Shift Leaders, Technician Capabilities Leader, Skill Developers and operators/technicians to identify and address knowledge and performance gaps in their technical center
- Work with support personnel resolving short term reliability issues
- Manage through prioritization of work requests
What You Will Need:
- One or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field AND 2 years or more of experience in a continuous process work environment
- Or Associates degree in a Technical field AND 5 years or more of experience in a continuous process work environment
- Or High School diploma/GED AND 6 years recovery boiler operations management experience
- Computer skills with emphasis on Excel, Word, functional databases and data analysis
- Recovery Boiler experience
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or Pulp and Paper Sciences
- 2 years or more experience in the specific area of Kraft recovery process
- Proficient in the use of PI ProcessBook or similar application of process monitoring.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis techniques
- Basic process control knowledge/experience
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf