- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Design, install, qualify or troubleshoot manufacturing / facility equipment.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities to facilitate production processes.
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures for NPI’s.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts.
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical or Biomedical Engineering required
- 5+ years’ design and quality control experience in product manufacturing
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills
- History of progressive responsibility a plus
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs