Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 12/7/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Industry: Medical Device
Location: Waltham, MA 02454
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: Open
The Manufacturing Engineer will support process design & development by R&D group; implementation, monitoring, and improvement of processes and sustain products post transfer to manufacturing. Evaluates current manufacturing processes and upkeep of equipment to maintain and stabilize production; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials as necessary; conferring with equipment vendors as needed; soliciting observations from operators to improve processes. Support contract manufacturing partners on production transfer as well as sustaining engineering efforts.
Evaluates manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout by utilizing Lean principles.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes meet requirements.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge via self-study educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing corporate objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors’ Degree in Science or Engineering field required or 10+ years industry experience.
- 2- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be proactive, results driven and have strong attention to detail capability
- Generation of process documentation (process mapping, risk analysis, work instructions, validation protocols/reports)
- Strong data analysis background
- Semi-conductor or polymer materials experience a plus
- Vacuum deposition and clean room experience a plus
- Optical/Draw Tower experience a plus
- CGMP, ISO 13485, FDA FDR 820 quality system experience a plus
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776