Manufacturing Engineers are needed on day or night shift for a temporary position running January through May/June with a premier York, PA manufacturing company.
These roles provide technical support for a variety of machining and assembly processes including CNC equipment.
This position will:
- Enhance machining and assembly processes by assuring that parts or assemblies are processed and tooled to meet optimum quality, quantity, and cost requirements
- Interface with Work Group Advisors, Work Groups, Quality and Product Engineering, and Manufacturing Support Services.
- Develop cost reduction programs through manufacturing efficiency improvements, schedule attainment, and first run capacity.
- Focus on: continuous improvement of safety, quality, cost, workflow, and on-time product delivery.
- Perform supervisory duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered)
- This is open to entry level candidates with degree only, however, previous experience in a co-op program or intern assignment focused on manufacturing will be a plus for consideration.
- A knowledge and prior implementation of machine programming, SPC (statistical process control), and Computer Aided Design / CAD is helpful
- Familiarity with the following is a plus: 1) detail process planning and continuous improvement, including specifying process parameters, process equipment, tooling, fixturing, and gauging, 2) practical application of ergonomics, 3) machining operations and equipment, familiarity with cellular and JIT concepts, 4) equipment justification and procurement, costing methods/Value analysis, 5) process control and quality assurance, SPC, and process capability, 6) capacity planning, including productivity measurements, manpower planning, and material flow, 7) process documentation/information, and 8) ISO 9000 standards and their relationship to company policies, procedures and instructions.
Offers great experience and hourly wage -
Apply now for consideration!