BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our growing team! The Manufacturing Engineering Manager leads, plans, and motivates the Manufacturing Engineering team and ensures manufacturing engineering activities of the company are accomplished in accordance with BioFire’s quality system. Ensures all manufacturing engineers (Mfg Engs) are trained and understand their roles and interdependences within the manufacturing engineering/project team that they are assigned to.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Mfg Engs perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire’s Quality System.
- Provide manufacturing engineering team coordination/resource allocation to maximize efficiencies and ensure all design, development, transfer to production, and sustaining engineering needs are met.
- Manage and train manufacturing engineering teams to follow BioFire’s design controls.
- Ensure that manufacturing equipment and process meets the needs of production
- Set and review goals and objectives for Mfg Engs every 6 months.
- Ensure engineering WIDs meet the needs of the manufacturing engineering team.
- Provide team mentoring, leadership, and training.
- Ensure processes produce products that meet quality expectations and specifications
- Communicate progress and needs to department Director.
- Review and approve bimonthly effort reporting for assigned team members.
- Work with Senior Management to set production goals for the company
- Perform data collection, analysis and reporting from various manufacturing processes
- Act as project manager by tracking and reporting on schedule, tasks, and deliverables for projects being run by the Mfg Eng group
Training & Education: BS in Engineering or Equivalent
Experience: 5+ years of experience in related field, including performance consistent with said experience.
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Management of Personnel
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work with other departments to coordinate activities