There is something meaningfully different about Andersen. A key to the company’s enduring success is our sincere and thorough effort to do the right thing for customers, for employees, for the community and for the environment.
There has never been a more exciting time to be an Engineer Leader at Andersen. It isn't our history that makes us an industry leader. It's our commitment to innovation. We're constantly setting new standards for windows and doors that raise the bar for the entire industry. Being around since 1903 means we haven't just seen where the industry's been—we guide where it's going.
This position is responsible to manage the Engineering function within the Menomonie Manufacturing plant. The position is also responsible to manage and drive the process of continuous improvement; focusing on increasing customer satisfaction, reducing waste, increasing efficiency and eliminating variation in manufacturing processes within the value stream supply chain (procurement to delivery). Assigned plant is large and complex with multiple value streams to support.
This position also ensures that assigned engineering team is operated in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
· Lead and manage the engineering change in the manufacturing plant along with business partners in RD&I, value stream managers, and the Lean Program office.
· Provide inputs to strategy and plant metrics with plant manager
· Aligns resources to the strategic goals and objectives of the organization through influence in the planning phases
· Lead the continuous product improvement and cost reduction efforts with business partners (i.e. Process and Product Engineering) ensuring that a rigorous process is followed and that all efforts are aligned with Lean manufacturing principles.
· Define and communicate performance targets established through strategy development for safety, quality, customer service, costs and associate satisfaction/development with Engineering team. Hold team accountable to those targets.
· Work with business partners to determine appropriate projects to focus on, using available data from design reviews, internal/external fall down figures, etc. as a directional tool.
· Lead the testing/analysis effort with business partners to determine root cause of problems. Lead plant level resolution efforts for Supplier and Customer corrective action process.
· Interface with Advanced Design, Product Engineering, and other business partners on the design for manufacturability, process capability, and production builds of new product or product revisions.
· Participate with business partners and customers in the Capital Expenditure and Engineering Change Control process with a focus on building quality assurance into the process.
· Continue to build and sustain the role and responsibility model for the Engineering team along with the educational/training model for career development.
· Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with plant management and other business partners on the execution of policy deployment and establishing employee involvement programs (Kaizens, etc.)
· Work with plant management on keeping engineering initiatives first. Promote Lean Manufacturing principles with a focus on creating value and eliminating waste.
· Establish an environment conducive to high levels of morale, associate satisfaction, and performance.
· Deliver performance to budget. Use participative approach in budgeting process.
· Ensure alignment of activities and resources within the Engineering team and ensure cross-organization collaboration and associate involvement where appropriate.
· Acquire the appropriate people, technology, equipment and financial resources necessary to meet customer expectations and implement the business improvement plans.
· Provide coaching, information, ideas, feedback and encouragement to associates and managers to promote the growth and development of the engineering team.
· Continued personal growth and development. Support and encourage continuous learning within Engineering team.
CULTURE AND BENEFITS: Andersen is committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each employee can realize his/her potential and we exceed our customers’ expectations.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional Development and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 8,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
- BS Engineering, Materials Science, MIS, or related field
- 3-10 years related management experience
- MBA/MS preferred
- Proven leader