Job Title:Manufacturing Engineering Technician, Wire harness
Reports To:Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- High School Diploma( a degree in a related field a plus) a minimum of 2 -5 years’ experience in wire harness design andassembly or an equivalent combination of education and experience is desirable
- PC knowledge is required, Auto CAD, Microsoft office suite, in particular Excel.
- Must have a working knowledge of IPC/WHMA-A-620C (Requirement and acceptance for cable and wire harness assemblies)
- Must have good “hands-on” wiring harness and mechanical skills
- Ability to originate all types of documentation required to manufacture wire harness products including: harness design layouts, wire cut lists,splice sheets, scale boarding prints, work instructions and quality control documents and forms as deemed necessary
- Team Oriented, strong listening and written skills required
- Demonstrated strong decision-making and leadership skills
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Experience with Material Resource Planning (MRP) a plus
- Must be familiar with ISO quality systems and standards
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills are necessary
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Review design requirement documentation for new wire harness products & prepare work instructions, fixtures, tooling, assembly aids, inspection criteria & product data files
- Prepare customer quote information as requested by the sales team.
- Assist with the setup of production machinery for new product launches.
- Provide support to manufacturing by trouble shooting product and machinery issues
- Support manufacturing processes and machinery technically and / or “hands on” as necessary
- Assist with the training process of manufacturing associates on new products.
- Investigate new technologies and processes that can be used to create competitive products
- Research manufacturing processes and methods to improve efficiency
- Be capable of working on various projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work beyond normal shift hours as needed
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
2809 Bridger Court
Elkhart, IN 46514
Phone: (574) 264 2373
Fax: (574) 266-2702
Page 1 of 2