The internship role provides a student with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through interaction with Manufacturing Engineering professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for the PVM factory by working on practical, innovative and important projects.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Manufacturing Department with various projects to improve uptime and efficiency. The focus of this internship will be productivity improvements.
·Develop a data collection system that integrates current process with business requirements.
·Maintain these information systems consolidating the data into a single view and deliver a product to the leadership for decisions making.
·Use data analytics to identify and recommend areas for improvement and change
·Perform Time studies and analysis to develop and improve production standards
·Standardize work procedures for equipment / processes across all production units as required
·Assist in sustaining and training on improved processes
·Other related duties as designated by manager
·Upon complete of Internship, document the initial and final conditions by preparing a 1-2 slide PowerPoint presentation for each project, documenting each improvement
- Qualified candidates must be pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of general work experience is preferred.
- Must have a positive attitude and proactive work ethic.
- Candidates must also be proficient with various software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently.
Perfetti Van Melle, USA is a EOE, M/F/D/V and AAP Employer