Experience matters. Since 1948, T.O. Plastics has manufactured quality custom thermoformed parts and packaging, and provided exceptional service to customers around the world. One of the top 100 thermoforming companies in North America, T.O. Plastics delivers value by focusing on customer needs and by offering a full range of services from design-to-distribution. At T.O. Plastics, we are dedicated to excellence and we leverage our experience and core competency to develop customized, cost-effective solutions for businesses in diverse markets. T.O. Plastics has facilities in both Clearwater and Otsego, Minnesota.
It is our Mission to “delight and serve our customers with innovative thermoform solutions”.
The Production & Inventory Analyst role is responsible for analyzing and reporting on the production metrics of T.O. Plastics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The role is responsible for assembling and producing accurate reporting on a timely basis which is key to helping the management team run the business. The analyst is also responsible for helping manage inventory and production records through solid process documentation and organizing the data for presentations.
Safety is # 1 at T.O. Plastics: Our expectation is that company leadership:
- Continuously strives to reduce the frequency of total employee incidents and injuries.
- Continuously strives to reduce the frequency of employee incident and injuries resulting in days away from work, restricted duty and/or job transfer.
- Minimum compliance achieved on annual safety audits or assessments.
- Maintain operations that are compliant with OSHA and other applicable safety and health regulations.
This position is responsible for the following tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Assure all safety standards are in place in the department.
- Create reporting formats to show daily, weekly and monthly production metrics.
- Perform analytical reviews of the performance metrics, explain and present the variances connected to the production results.
- Manage and track weekly plant downtime, rework materials and plant waste information.
- Report cost variances against costing standards.
- Provide production staff with variance reporting of actual vs. plan.
- Compile inventories to close the financial month and year end periods.
- Assists Purchasing and Scheduling in the planning and coordinating of material availability.
- Coordinates and manages inventory control activities, including periodic cycle counts, month/year end processes including physical inventory as required.
- Development of Reports and active role in TMM (ERP System) as well as management meetings to enhance accuracy.
- Coordinate with the customer service department to publish newly created Pulse report showing daily orders and deliveries by sales region and sales person.
- Tie out month end inventory.
- Totalizer report - Horticulture Regrind.
- Special projects from the Controller, Supply Chain Director or VP of Finance.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Degree required. BA/BS degree in Accounting or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in business management preferred.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and ERP systems.
- Ability to model business scenarios coherently in Excel and process large amounts of ERP sales, manufacturing and shipping data skillfully; Pivot Table skills highly desirable.
- Understanding of Production, Accounting, Master Scheduling, MRP, Shipping and Job Structure (BOM).
- Strong critical reasoning, analytical and problem-solving skills with the perseverance to fix the underlying root problems instead of going for a quick fix. Root cause analysis and detailed job trial analysis must be utilized to define issues.
- Strong decision-making and sound judgment and focus on detail and accuracy a must.
- Disciplined time management with prioritization of multiple tasks/projects simultaneously in a changing/evolving environment. Get things done.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication with all levels of employees, interpersonal and customer service skills. Comfortable presenting information to cross-functional team members and leading meetings. Tact in dealing with others while remaining persistent.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions to learn about, develop and/or modify system processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Desire for organizational advancement. Must possess good interpersonal skills to be able to get along and collaborate well with other team members.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is an office position which does not require safety protection and limited lifting not to exceed 25 lbs. At times employees will be on shop floor and will be required to wear and observe all applicable safety personal protective equipment (PPE). Office environment well lighted and suitable to perform tasks outlined above.