Julian Electric- Improving our customers’ experience through reliable manufacturing and personal service since 1959.
Julian Electric is looking for success driven individuals looking to jump start their career. Want to be part of a company that has unlimited growth potential for you? Looking to make your mark and see instant results of the work that you produce? Then this is the place for you.
Julian Electric is growing and hiring. We are in search for a Manufacturing Lead. This role will be part of our first tier management team, with a passion for manufacturing and continuous improvement this candidate will provide support to the Plant Managers and provide leadership to the production team.
The manufacturing lead will ensure employees meet and adhere to safety, quality and production objectives. Thru extensive coaching and direction the manufacturing lead will oversee, plan, and assign work to the business unit. This position will also support JEI polices and recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
o Ensure that lines are meeting scheduled demand, run rates and all objectives set by creating a conducive team based work environment
o Manage adequate line staffing according to production schedule forecasts including approving vacation requests and re-balancing the lines
o Streamline operations by establishing and implementing projects, involving cycle time reduction, capacity increase, rework and scrap reduction, quality improvements, and other value-added enhancements.
o Recommend operator training by identifying performance deficiencies
o Maintains and inputs accurate production records and reports provided weekly/monthly or as requested. Manage and update line side metric boards.
o Participate and recommend disciplinary action when necessary and request to management to start PIP’s (Performance Improvement Plans)
o Schedule and participate in performance reviews for production personnel
o Support all continuous improvement initiatives presented by JEI
o Keeps effective open communication by relaying information to production
o Assist Engineering and Quality to develop and implement business unit performance
o Maintains positive business relationships with contractors, vendors, and auditors.
o Assist in the implementation of new projects within the business unit
o Accept or deny vacation submissions
o Carry out disciplinary action through the use of progressive discipline.
o Request performance improvement plans
o Move operators between lines or business units as it complies with the training matrix
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or related field required
2. Experience in a high-volume make to order business
3. Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Suite
4. Effective conflict resolution methods
5. Familiarity the Lean Manufacturing tools and processes
6. Maintain a high level of professionalism and respect
7. Bilingual in both English and Spanish a plus
8. Problem solving methodologies
9. Ability to lead and motivate team.
10. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and requests
11. Highly motivated, Energetic, and enthusiastic personality
12. At least 5 years in manufacturing industry
13. At least 1 year in a supervisory or leadership role
14. Experience in the analysis of cause and effect.
15. Experience in Lean techniques.
16. Experience in ISO 9001 (TS-16949 a plus). And ISO 14001