The Manufacturing Manager ensures that departments within the manufacturing boundaries reach the production goals set by the Department Director, are following company safety guideline policies, are within budget and maintain a high standard of quality. They also lead their departments in a continuous improvement direction, provide guidance in the everyday operation of each department under the manufacturing umbrella and create an atmosphere that maintains a culture of operating as one company with common best practices and common goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages production within all of Erickson’s manufacturing shops. This includes the Manufacturing Machine Shop, Manufacturing Engineering, and Tooling.
- Manages and coordinates activities within all cells to ensure compliance to all applicable safety and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains the Manufacturing Master Production Plan to ensure on-time, conforming production
- Develops and monitors department budgets based on corporate strategy and the Manufacturing Master Production Plan Develop, maintains, and monitors a work force with the appropriate skills to successfully accomplish production and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in the development of departmental policies and procedures in support of safety, production, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that manufacturing staff is performing their duties in accordance with the company’s standards, set processes and strategic and financial objectives.
- Leads, develops, motivates, and manages Manufacturing staff. Fosters employee development by providing a supportive learning environment.
- Oversees and provide guidance to the daily operation of the Mfg. Machine Shop, Mfg. Engineering, and Tooling.
- Develops and maintains key metrics to identify and trend performance indicators. Creates and implements root cause and corrective actions where needed. Maintain weekly Cell Leader meetings to provide pass down information from the weekly Managers meetings.
- Develops Best in Class Manufacturing Processes. Drives continuous improvement across the Manufacturing organization in order to eliminate waste and increase efficiency, using best in class tools and methodologies such as lean or six sigma. Engages employees to improve processes by championing and leading Lean or other similar improvement process
- Oversees all manufacturing projects to ensure on-time and on-budget completion.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, manufacturing operations management or related field. Direct applicable experience and an outstanding track record in production efficiency improvements may be a substitute.
- A minimum of 10 years of management experience in manufacturing, preferably in the aviation industry.
- A proven and quantifiable track record in manufacturing optimization, process transformation, and increased service levels.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and process standardization background.
- Experience in change management, continuous improvement, and cross-functional collaboration.
- A proven track record at managing performance through KPI’s.
- Strong people management skills.
- Safety and Work Environment – Identifies hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and takes appropriate action to maintain a safe and productive work environment for self and others. Follows Guiding Principle “Be Safe”.
- Effective Communication - Actively listens to others. Communicates with others clearly, openly, and respectfully. Uses all forms of communication effectively and appropriately (includes email, text, IM).
- Teamwork - Works with and supports others to achieve organizational goals. Meets individual and team deadlines and responsibilities. Assumes additional responsibilities when needed. Responds constructively to instructions and procedures. Listens to others and values opinions and is respectful of team members and other Erickson employees. Works effectively with team leader or manager and promotes a positive team environment.
- Accountable to Achieving Commitments - Achieves commitments to both internal and external customers. Produces high quality work by being attentive to detail and maintaining accuracy. Works in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner to meet all schedules and timelines. Anticipates potential problems. Finds the root cause of problems and takes appropriate action. Makes continuous improvement to processes and results.
- Adaptability to Change - Understands, accepts, and supports the need for business change and helping others with transitions. Adapts and adjusts to change within own area of responsibility as well as accepting the need for change more broadly. Actively identifies and leads change within area of responsibility.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.”