At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager to join the Middle Atlantic Products Team in Fairfield, NJ. The candidate will manage all aspects of assigned plant production to achieve relentless improvement through lean as our operational strategy striving to achieve our business unit goals and strategic directives.
What Will You Do?
MAIN JOB DUTIES:
- All daily activities including personnel, equipment scheduling, dispatch lists while ensuring accurate labor reporting.
- Ensure all quality control standards are upheld. Any short falls need to be addressed in such a way that minimizes recurrences of the same problem.
- Follow-up with all Supervisors and Lead personnel to monitor progress of daily production plan and agreed action items. Assist with problem resolution.
- Assist and help perform daily, weekly and monthly capacity requirements in order to balance efficiencies and customer service that pertain to Fabrication.
- Work closely with Maintenance in coordinating preventative maintenance schedules to minimize downtime.
- Ensure compliance of safety policies and procedures throughout corresponding facility.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices and perform in a safe and effective manner so as not to inflict injury to self or others.
- Provides staff development
- Guides the implementation of operations strategies
- Determines best practices to achieve goals
- Applies organizational metrics and correlates the relevance to business success
- Leads organizational initiatives to achieve best practice, financial results or Lean objectives
- Establishes and ensures adherence to budgets and business plans
- Applies critical thinking to information received and evaluates best decision for organizational success
- Champions open two-way communications
- Demonstrates an understanding of various perspectives
- Communicates strategy, business goals, and results to team members and business leadership
- Develops solutions to obstacles to goal accomplishment
- Coaches, develops, challenges, and recognizes others
- Sets business priorities for work activity
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience.
- Minimum 5 years Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Technical certification preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish) Strongly Preferred.
- Sheet metal fabrication experience preferred.
- SAP experience.
- Project management experience
- MBA or enrolled in a continuing education program
- Moderate technical skills required (e.g. Blueprint interpretation)
- Moderate Computer skills
- Coaching Forward - Create and/or foster a team environment that demonstrates genuine concern for the personal and professional development of all team members, regularly recognizing team members
- Ensures that customer requirements for product quality, delivery and cost are met or exceeded through effective order fulfillment processes as defined by the business unit.
- Ensures the efficient and timely production of products (defect free at takt time)
- Relentlessly improve manufacturing through the applications of Lean tools and techniques
- Accountable and responsible for the mastery of the manufacturing functions
- In the shop floor 80% of their time leading, coaching and developing team members within manufacturing and those who support the production team members
- Accountable for People, Quality, Delivery, Cost (P, Q, D, C) for receipt of order through shipment
- Ensure P, Q, D, C are tied directly to the customer expectations
- Accountable and Responsible for Lean Key Point Indicators (KPIs)
- Implement strategy deployment tools and tactics to meet the business operating and financial plans.
- Ensure that Continuous Improvement (CI /Lean) operating system is aggressively pursued in every activity of the value stream.
- Establish objectives and goals for direct reports that support of the strategic business unit and value stream goals.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand's Audio Visual (AV) Division
The AV brands of Legrand are a leading global provider of innovative mounting and display solutions for various audio visual technologies. Our innovative products, sold principally under the Chief, Da-Lite, Middle Atlantic, Projecta, Sanus, and Vaddio brand names, are distributed through numerous channels. Our mission is to provide the foundation for amazing AV experiences through innovative solutions and exceptional service that solve our customers' AV integration and technology challenges. For more information, visit https://www.legrandav.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer