well as an inquisitive drive to execute work per fabrication drawings and design plans?
Is driving a team of hard working and fast paced assemblers and fabricators to a schedule something you find rewarding?
Is a player/coach role the kind of position you gain satisfaction from?
Spec Engineering is a privately held, fast growing, and stable full-service process engineering firm with our main office located in Plainfield Il, and a second location in Chicago. We provide the latest in technology to manufacturers in the food, beverage, plastics, and chemical industries. Our Purpose is “Improve lives through innovation, responsibility and trust one project at a time” because we care about our colleagues, customers, and community. We Seek The Best…With Integrity and we welcome and value difference. We strive for an inclusive work environment that rewards employees for their individuality and uniqueness. We are seeking an impact player and difference maker to join our team as a Manufacturing Manager. This person is focused on elevating the level of quality and efficiency of workflow for our manufacturing department, while not afraid to jump on projects alongside the fabrication team. Spec Engineering offers an aggressive compensation plan commensurate with experience and performance as well as a benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaching shop team to review, plan and properly execute orders from engineering.
- Coaching engineering team to properly send out orders to the shop.
- Coordinate with estimating team, management, customers and vendors to assure alignment.
- Reviews drawings and designs prior to hand-off to the shop.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment in the shop.
- Implement safety measures during all work in shop and oversee field audits for safety.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the shop and warehouse.
- Management of engineering and shop resources for proper workload and drive efficiency.
- Coordination with engineering to schedule projects in shop to ensure on-time shipments.
- Manage shop work orders and shop scheduling.
- Manage shop budget and shop schedule.
- Oversee inventory and proper stocking of shop consumables.
- Build team of reliable external resources to manage peak workload.
- Oversee and manage all shop employees, field installers, and contractors.
- Recruit and train new team members to support growth
- Conduct consistent and periodic reviews and monitoring of direct reports.
- Align team, provide training, and recruit team members to support growth
Achievement Focus - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, sets and achieves challenging goals, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Managing Customer Focus - Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs, establishes customer service standards, monitors customer satisfaction, promotes customer focus, and provides training in customer service delivery.
Managing People - Develops direct reports' skills and encourages growth, includes direct reports in planning, makes them-self available to direct reports, provides direction and gains compliance, provides regular performance feedback, and takes responsibility for direct reports' activities.
Planning and Organization - Integrates changes smoothly, plans for additional resources, prioritizes and plans work activities, sets goals and objectives, uses time efficiently, and works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, identifies problems in a timely manner, resolves problems in early stages, and works well in group problem solving situations.
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering Preferred or manufacturing trade school certificate
- Ten years of experience in custom machine fabrication, and equipment manufacturing
- Process Design and Manufacturing Industry experience
- Experience in leading and managing people
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Stock option plan and more
- Paid time off
- Continued education support
If you have these qualifications and are looking for a tremendous opportunity for growth, then you could be the perfect fit for our Manufacturing Manager, apply today!