Federal-Mogul has recently been acquired by Tenneco. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Operations Manager to join our Smyrna, TN distribution center. This position will be responsible for determining the day-to-day production, staffing and other operating requirements in a designated operational area. It will provide the momentum and direction for identifying and meeting quality, safety, timeliness and innovation goals and operate within the agreed upon budget and ensures that all areas are following company policies. The Manager will supervise multiple salaried supervisors providing coaching and support as needed to ensure the entire team is functioning at optimal performance.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role.You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our hiring manager.We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Assuring that each department understands and meets all regulatory compliance and safety requirements and policies.
- Assuring the preparation, training, and implementation of safety action plans. Monitoring results of all safety performance and has responsibility for those results coordinating with facility and value stream initiatives.
- Develop and implement lean manufacturing strategies to improve value stream and facility performance and efficiency. Mentors production team in lean the methodology and ensures team engagement.
- Responsible for the financial and operating performance of a broad work area; setting and meeting goals and priorities; developing measures, monitoring performance and preparing and executing action plans.
- Working with supervisors to plan production operations and establish priorities and sequences for manufacturing and packaging products.
- Monitoring production daily, identifying and correcting quality concerns; assuring the quality and productivity performance of the area meets expectations and prepares and implements action plans when they do not; reviews production and operating reports to identify and resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Assure all customer service issues are being addressed and participates in and review related corrective action plans.
- Monitoring production capacity and initiating new equipment acquisition process and new tool builds.
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards.
EDUCATION:Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or Logistics preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing/packaging/distribution processes acquired through 7-10 years of progressively increasing related responsibilities.
- Advanced technical skills in logistics processes and methods to include flow, cost efficiencies, engineered standards, equipment, safety and quality.
- Working knowledge of SAP/WMS and understand workflow processes and procedures.
- Ability to handle the pressure of deadlines, coupled with frequent interruptions.
- Ability and willingness to work alternative shifts as required.