The leading electronic measurement company who is also on the forefront of technology innovations. This role is for Manufacturing Ops Support, Materials Handling and we are looking for candidates to collaborate with Tellus Solutions to create innovative solutions and to fulfill on our client's mission.
- At client, we help companies address their toughest challenges with precision and confidence. We offer the most precise electronic measurement tools in the industry, with advanced software to match. Our employees leverage their insight and passion to revolutionize electronic measurement and make a difference in the world.
- If you want to work for a company that makes positive impacts to the electronic measurement community, you can join this culture, even if you are non-technical.
- Preparing and shipping items using the appropriate shipping method, selecting appropriate shipping container, and packing items for safe delivery
- Preparing bills of lading; checking items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct
- Maintaining compliance with all state, federal, and international import and export requirements
- Receiving and unloading incoming materials and using available tools to verify accuracy of shipments
- Sorting, counting, packaging, labeling, insuring, unpacking, and/or logging inventory which is shipped or received
- Inspecting shipments for damages or defects; recording discrepancies or damages and notifying supervisor and/or purchasing personnel
- Delivering items to requisitioning departments and obtaining authorized signatures for accepted items
- Tracing lost shipments and/or filing claims for lost or damaged items. Performing administrative functions such as maintaining department databases, preparing routine reports, filing shipping and receiving records
- May operate material handling equipment that could include forklift, electric pallet jacks, shrink-wrap machines, carousels, walkie-stackers, order pickers as needed
- Following established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, written work instructions, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- Performing miscellaneous logistics related administrative duties as assigned
- May provide on the job training and guidance as needed
- Maintaining a clean, safe, working environment and optimizing space utilization
- Previous material handling experience is preferred.
- Track record of increasing effectiveness or reducing waste in process steps, familiarity with LEAN methodologies is preferred
- Experience with Oracle WMS, TA-15, and logistic carrier databases preferred
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Demonstrates effective listening and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Demonstrated success in a diverse, team-oriented work environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Experience with operation of material handling equipment preferred
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM
- Experience with MS Suite of applications including Outlook, Excel, and Word
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds, without assistance