manufacturing partner, Evolution Fresh (variable shift) – Rancho, CA190006060Evolution Fresh
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by ensuring that product packaging and case and pallet configurations conform to established standards. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifies and measures the correct type and amount of raw materials and records usage information.
- Inspects product packaging to ensure that appearance, seals and labels conform to established standards.
- Ensures that cases and pallets are configured safely and in accordance with standards.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment. Sweeps floors, empties trash and cleans machinery.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains scheduled production throughput to meet team goals for reliability and budget standards. Completes required documentation.
- Uses wrapping machines, pallet jacks and other equipment to prepare pallets of product for movement.
- Maintains product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, HAACP and food safety procedures, product specifications and quality procedures.
- Completes tasks thoroughly and accurately to ensure compliance with quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Identifies, reports, and documents if and when there is a deviation from quality, legality, or food safety standards.
- Demonstrates and understands safety as our core value and follows the key essentials to safety as set forth by our safety resolution; coaches others to do the same.
- Is viewed by peers as a safety champion as set forth by our safetyresolution.
- Understand and follows established safety guidelines, consistently complies with all safety procedures (e.g. PPE, Lock Out Tag Out, Good Housekeeping, etc.).
- Takes an active role in handling and preventing safety incidents:
- Reports all incidents immediately and will not move the scene of an incident.
- Wears all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Obeys all facility traffic control devices.
- Does not alter or bypass any safety device.
- Does not use or work on equipment unless I am authorized.
- Follows lock out-tag out (LOTO) procedures.
- Follows dock lock procedures.
- Acts as a safety change agent (e.g. CPR/First Aid certification; active engagement in safety committee).
- Reinforces safe practices to other partners, and provides coaching when witness to unsafe practices.
Summary of Experience
- Production or distribution environment 1 year
- Operation of manual and automated packaging equipment
- Performing quality tests using analytical tools
- Using manual or automated systems to gather, record and report on operational and quality metrics
- High School diploma or equivalent degree preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand written and verbal policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to work overtime as required, even on short notice
- Basic math skills
- Basic skills in Microsoft Windows and Web-based environments
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com