Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and recycling of plastic rigid containers. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols to address COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks at most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including face coverings, social distancing, and hand sanitizer stations.
Named one of America's Best Employers in Michigan by Forbes in 2020, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
This Manufacturing Plant Production/Engineering Summer Internship is a 10-12 week program at our Havre de Grace, MD manufacturing site. This program is designed to attract top engineering & technology talent and provide broad exposure to the business for possible future Plastipak manufacturing leaders that are able to grow into a Production Supervisor role and beyond.
The Internship Program starts with a detailed work plan created by each team defining the objectives for each intern at the beginning of their summer. Not only do the work plans involve day to day responsibilities, but they also includes a defined project that solves real problems and challenges facing our business, contributing to the company’s bottom line. Some past intern projects have provided the company with significant savings or implemented processes and programs that are still in place today.
The Summer Internship Program looks to target undergraduate students in their junior year or first year graduate students, and its overall goal is to provide these students with the practical, hands-on experience that is needed for professional growth and success as they join the competitive job market after graduation. Several of our past interns have even joined us in full-time roles upon graduation.
The internship program includes the following:
- An assigned mentor
- An objective setting session with the intern’s supervisor
- An interim review at 5-6 weeks
- A final leadership presentation
- A final performance review
- Junior year candidates with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022 or first year graduate students with an expected graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022, pursuing a degree in engineering, engineering management, engineering technology, and/or technical business degrees
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- Willing to travel or relocate as required
- Eligible to work in the United States