Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Summary of Duties:
- Applies mathematical, physical science, and advanced engineering technologies in accomplishing engineering objectives
- Conducts research and development experiments to resolve complex engineering and quality problems involving highly technical and scientific methods
- Performs support functions for project planning and managing project resources, including multiple individuals and disciplines, to achieve quality, delivery schedules, and cost objectives
- Writes technical reports on results and conclusions drawn from experiments conducted and incorporates findings in formal specifications
- Provides project leadership, consultation, technical guidance on complex engineering projects to management and others
- Designs and/or develops new products, special instruments, and unique equipment to meet specific requirements of customer orders
- Develops and assesses production or inspection operations and sequences, equipment, tooling gages, and processing methods required to manufacture or inspect complex components and assemblies
- Translates design concepts into production items by coordinating the activities of engineering, quality, manufacturing, and related organizations
- Estimates set-up times, operating times, and flow times, as well as production and acceptance needs
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve engineering and production problems and to assure product manufacturability
- Refines product definitions, based on knowledge of manufacturing capability, to assure that released designs can be produced
- Evaluates and implements processes that improve quality, reduce flow time, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety
- Self-motivated, proactive, and the ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
You Must Have:
- Must be an U.S. Citizen in order to obtain a DOE “Q” Level security clearance
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program
- Two or more years experience in engineering such as manufacturing, inspection processing or tool design
- Minimum three years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with processing and manufacturing of complex electrical assemblies, including Printed Wired Assemblies, Multi-chip Modules, RFICs, and Flex Cables
- Advanced Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program
- Experience in process characterization and using tools to drive and document yield improvement activities
- Experience applying statistical analysis methods to product/process development (SPC)
- Experience setting up and executing Design of Experiments (DOE) and performing capability analysis
- Familiarity with reliability, failure analysis and characterization processes
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- High level trouble shooting and failure analysis skills
- Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification
- JOB ID: req236303
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.