Production Supervisor Posting date: 02/26/19 – 03/26/19
Working hours: 2nd shift, 3:30 PM – 12:00 AMMonday-Friday, overtime on some Saturdays.
Inspired Energy LLC is an industry leading electronics manufacturer of Smart Batteries and products with the primary focus on design and manufacture of world class rechargeable Lithium Ion batteries and chargers for global distribution. Headquartered in Newberry, FL, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as a one of the top companies in low volume, high customization portable power products with the use of innovative business solutions and top quality customer support.
Inspired Energy LLC is looking for aProductionSupervisor in Newberry, FLto provide technical production support in a manufacturing supervisor role. The Production Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure effective employee relations, provide employees with coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- With little direction, a candidate shall optimize manufacturing production in accordance with the production schedule and all Inspired Energy safety and quality policies.
- Balance quality, productivity, safety, morale and cost to achieve optimal results in all areas.
- Work with production manager to interview, onboard and train new operators.
- Coordinateinformation between Staff & Engineering and production employees in a proficient manner.
- Perform and inspect soldering activities following IPC-A-610 Class 2 standards.
- Perform electrical and mechanical Go-no-Go checks on products in manufacturing for further processing.
- Ability to create and implement various training documentation, methods and forms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, inventory management software.
- Experience with Quality Control / Quality Assurance methods.
- Experience reading Safety Data Sheets, with the ability to disseminate appropriate information according to OSHA guidelines.
- Highly adaptable personality capable of abstractproblem solving.
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Learning Orientation.
Required Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Electronics, Bio-Medical, or Engineering.
- 3-5 Years ofManufacturing Experience.
- Strong organizational skills and willingness to work within a diverse workforce.
- Experience in component level electronic manufacturing and repair.
- Experience in the use of production equipment including soldering iron, spot welder and ultrasonic welder.
- Ability to read Electronic Schematics,Mechanical Drawings and interpret product parts lists.
- Experience working in a Team Environment with the willingness to learn Employee involvement team management concepts.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
3-5 YearsSupervisory Experiencein Manufacturing.
- Further higher education from an accredited university.
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. The worker is subject to environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside. The worker may be subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current and working on scaffolding and high places.
Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Kneeling. Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Crawling. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing for up to 2 hours at a time.
- Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
All post-secondary education listed on a Candidate’s application and resume must be verifiable, including but not limited to dates of attendance and degree/diploma awarded. Post-secondary education includes any courses taken through an accredited college or university in pursuit of a degree.Salary to commensurate with qualifications and or experience.
Candidates must send resumes to Inspired Energy HR department 30 days from the posting date to be considered.
Inspired Energy is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at Inspired Energy are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Inspired Energy will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.