The Supervisor, Manufacturing position is based in Burnaugh, Kentucky. The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
• Responsible for making reasonable provisions for the safety of each employee under his/her charge.
• Responsible for training and coaching the production staff on health and safety.
• Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
• Responsible for production planning to meet the goals of the company.
• Maintain proper inventory levels.
• Develop practices and processes to enhance productivity and employee engagement.
• Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
• Manage departmental performance measures and provides regular progress reports to manager.
• Manage department priorities.
• Troubleshoot all issues or problems.
• Perform accident investigations.
• Administers and interprets various labor agreements and responses to grievances.
• Accountable for traditional administrative tasks such as tracking absenteeism and timekeeping.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
• Prior experience as a Manufacturing Supervisor in a heavy industrial environment desired.
• Prior experience in building best practices for health and safety in a production environment.
• Proven ability to manage and lead a team to success.
• Utilizing knowledge of production to enhance, improve and maintain planning and quality of production.
• Excellent problem solving/analysis and troubleshooting skills.
• Positive leadership required.
• Impeccable communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
• Performance management.
• Results driven
• Quality control
• Staff development
• Job knowledge / technical knowledge
• Hands-on, take charge attitude
• Time management
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – FREQUENTLY MOVES ABOUT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO DETECT UNSAFE CONDITIONS FROM LONG DISTANCES. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES THE EMPLOYEE TO WORK BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN HEAT/COLD, WET/HUMID AND DRY/ARID CONDITIONS. FREQUENTLY REQUIRED THE USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PREVENT EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.