As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Manufacturing Supervisor will provide manufacturing and build support to the Manufacturing Manager for nanomachining, laser based, and cryogenic cleaning products.
- Support Manufacturing Manager in organizing and coordinating all aspects of in-house assembly and testing for products:
- Support creation and management of technician’s work schedules to meet production schedules.
- Track and report on real time production progress against production schedules.
- Review job reporting and ensure job closures and standard labor updates are accurate and timely completed and updated as needed.
- Support technicians with tool or parts issues as needed.
- Manage Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process for manufacturing.
- Build, test & trouble shoot complex sub and system level assemblies:
- Build, setup & debug mechanical and optical using mechanical prints.
- Build, setup, test & debug pneumatic assemblies using pneumatic schematics.
- Build, setup, test & debug electrical assemblies using electrical schematics.
- Build assemblies with tolerances less than .001”.
- Provide and document timely feedback on issues during build processes.
- Perform and document incoming inspection of parts or assemblies to written procedures and document non-conformance issues.
- Create or update manufacturing or quality documentation/procedures.
- Support field service engineering through system level troubleshooting.
- Perform installation of products at customer sites, both domestic and international.
- Track, order, and report on use of manufacturing consumables.
- Requires some evening, off shift and weekend work to meet production schedules.
- Perform other duties as needed/requested
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience in a manufacturing or build technician position in the semiconductor industry.
- Experience with AFM and nanomachining technologies.
- Experience in quality inspection of fabricated parts.
- Experience in optics and alignment.
- Experience in computer assembly, modification and configuration
Minimum Requirements for the position:
- High school degree with post-high school vocational training in mechanical or electrical trade, or Associates degree or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Technology, Applied Science, or Manufacturing.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience as a manufacturing assembly technician for capital equipment.
- Must have demonstrated experience testing/trouble shooting of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical assemblies.
- Must have demonstrated experience with MSWord & Excel.
- Must have ability and willingness to travel (approx. 2-3 weeks/quarterly as needed), including internationally on short notice.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with sales support and customer skills.
- Must have basic understanding of MRP systems.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.