At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Job Title: Manufacturing Team Lead(Upstream)
Job Description Summary
- Responsible for participating in upstream manufacturing of clinical and/or commercial grade cell therapeutic products in accordance to established SOPs, maintaining and stocking clean room environment, and monitoring expiration of materials. Leads and coordinates all activities related to upstream operations. Demonstrates mastery knowledge of Upstream Processes, planning and scheduling operational activities, and evaluation of Product Impact Assessment. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for upstream operations, trainer in all upstream related topics as well as manufacturing go to person regarding this area. Actively coaches and mentor’s other technicians on upstream procedures and provides feedback to management regarding day to day performance.
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
Participates in upstream operations, aseptic manufacturing of clinical and/or commercial grade products in accordance to established SOPs.
- Leads and coordinates all activities related with upstream operations
- Participates in client face to face discussions related with upstream operations
- Demonstrates mastery knowledge of Upstream Processes
- Knowledge of Aseptic Manufacturing/Processing
- Performs investigations in a manner that is recognized by colleagues as a valuable source of expertise
- Actively coaches and mentor’s other technicians
- Leads and Coordinates Upstream Operations
- Serves as the back-up for a Supervisor in all downstream related topics
- Able to act as a primary trainer for Upstream Operations.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Upstream Experience
- Previous lead Experience
- GMP Experience
- Ability to deal with a fast paced environment
- Problem solving skills
- Previous Deviation and CAPAs Experience
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.