Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the number one choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople.
As a Manufacturing Team Member Level 3, you will be responsible for setting-up, operating, monitoring, and adjusting CNC single-spindle lathes or mills and/or Cam-driven mechanical machines. Set-ups and adjustments are complex. Troubleshooting involves diagnosing breakdowns, disassembling equipment, and replacing defective machine components. Independent work, most duties involve monitoring high-tech equipment (not manual or repetitive duties). Skilled level position requiring specialized knowledge of CNC controls and mechanics and advanced programming skills.
- Work safely to prevent on-the-job injuries by following Company and OSHA safety rules and regulations, understanding machine safeguards, recognizing and reporting safety hazards, and wearing required PPE.
- Run production jobs on CNC single-spindle lathes or mills and/or Cam-driven mechanical machines per written or verbal instructions to produce quality parts while maintaining productivity standards.
- Perform complex set- ups on equipment, install tools and fixtures, verify machine control settings, run first piece sample parts, and check for required specifications.
- Select, load and test computer program for each job, make offsets to the program, and make necessary machine feed, speed, and axis point adjustments.
- Monitor machine operation, check parts throughout run, and make necessary adjustments to ensure part specification and quality standards are maintained.
- Troubleshoot intermediate problems via the troubleshooting guide or other instructions, diagnose breakdowns, disassemble equipment, and replace defective machine components. Complex issues beyond basic offsets or equipment adjustments are reported to higher level for problem-solving.
- Replace, reset, and sharpen tools when necessary.
- Perform general machine maintenance, clean machine, check oil and coolant levels and add as necessary.
- Complete inspections throughout run, record inspection findings on inspection sheets, and write detailed downtime and other shift communications in a log book.
- Report accurate count of production parts, scrap, and labor hours by completing required paperwork and/or electronic entry.
- Keep work area in clean and orderly condition, complying with established 6S standards.
- Cross-train by rotating to different machines and work areas as required.
- Participate in various lean manufacturing activities to improve products, reduce waste, or learn new skills or operations.
- Perform special assignments and/or duties as required.
- High School Diploma/GED and Two (2) years work related experience or equivalent. Metalworking or metal removal experience and CNC certification or metalworking/tooling certification preferred.
- Must possess knowledge in operating PLC/CNC controls, mechanics, turning, milling, and press operations.
- Must possess knowledge of basic math skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to use micrometers, calipers, go/no-go gauges, or indicators, perform visual inspection, read part drawings and blue prints for basic quality checks.
- Ability to learn, problem-solve, and make decisions per work instructions and documents.
- Ability to communicate and work as a team member.
Physical Demand Requirements:
- Sitting, Standing, Walking up to 10 hours per day (can rotate)
- Bending/twisting neck, up to 2 hours per day (interruptive)
- Bending/twisting waist, up to 2 hours per day (interruptive)
- Hand movement, up to 10 hours per day (repetitive)
- Arm movement, up to 10 hours per day (repetitive)
- Pushing/pulling weight (assisted), up to 2 hours per day (interruptive)
- Lifting weight, up to 35 lbs., up to 2 hours per day (interruptive)
DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio frequencies that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker, consult with your doctor.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.