Position Title: Manufacturing Team Member
Location: Wixom MI
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Direct Reports: None
Headquartered in Wixom Michigan, Glass & Mirror Craft is the industry leader of Custom Engineered Glass & Architectural Systems. For over 50 years, our craftsmen have been consistently delivering the highest level of quality by doing what they do best – applying their skill, drive and commitment to create glassand metal products that turns heads – yeah, we do some pretty cool stuff. Our craftsmen are the heart and soul of our company, and their ability to make great things out of glass, mirrors, and metal is one of our greatest competitive advantages. Do you have the drive, innovation, curiosity, and desire to become one of our elite craftsmen?
As a Glass and Mirror Craft Manufacturing Team Member, you will be responsible for fabricating large pieces of glass to be used in Commercial and Residential Buildings. You will be responsible for creating quality glass parts that are free of defects and to the exact specifications of our customers. Your skills will include operating various types of machinery and equipment to meet our customers expectations. As a Manufacturing Team Member, you will take responsibility for working with your team in meeting our customer’s expectations, acting with integrity, being safe, and driving excellence in everything we do. You will be expected to be here when we need you to be here, to work with the rest of the team, be detail oriented, and truly care about what we do and who we are. You will be a representative of Glass and Mirror Craft.
Description of the work:
- You will handle glass products and work with various machines, so you will need to be physically capable of working in a manufacturing environment.
- You will need to measure glass using measuring tapes and other devices, so you need to enjoy math problems and figuring things out with a tape measure.
- You are critical to our quality, and you will check glass for scratches, seeds and other imperfections – we want you to catch as many defects in the glass as possible so our customers have perfect products.
- You will load and stack glass on carts and tables weighing up to 50 pounds or more and be able to operate and safely use an overhead lift.
- You will need to have great attention to detail, and not drift off. Focus on your work and products will be critical – this is not the place for day-dreamers.
- You must be a neat-freak – we require a work environment that is free from debris and dirt that will scratch our customer’s products.
- You must be able to read specification sheets and diagrams to make sure we are meeting our customers’ expectations.
- You must be willing to work with a team and do whatever it takes to make sure we deliver quality products on time and in a safe manner.
- Work in a team environment – everything we do depends on everyone working together, getting along, and having patience for each other.
- High school degree or GED/Equivalent
- Be willing to learn – don’t be afraid to make mistakes as long as you do not repeat them and learn from them
- Demonstrated understanding of how to use and read a measuring tape.
- Have reliable transportation – we need you here to help us grow.
- Be willing to work overtime on a daily basis - weekends occasionally as customer demands require us.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a continual basis – the work is heavy and we want to make sure you can handle the physical nature of what we do
- Be able to interpret blueprint sketches.
- Be familiar with and have worked in a manufacturing plant.
Why Choose Glass and Mirror Craft?
Our mission at Glass and Mirror Craft is to produce and deliver the highest quality glass and metal products that keeps our customers coming back. We intend to remain the industry leader, and our customers’ satisfaction means the world to us. We do this by providing a safe working environment that attracts, develops, and encourages craftsmen/team members. We promise that will work hard with you to create an environment that makes you better occupationally, financially, emotionally, and physically. We partner with our craftsmen and work to provide a career that is free from hate, biases, prejudices, politics, and mistrust.
Additionally, we offer…
- An opportunity to work with leading edge technology
- A place to advance your career, which we strive to promote within the company
- A hard working, team-oriented environment
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Paid time off and holidays
- 401(k) options
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our team, we would love to hear from you.
$1/hr increase after 30 days of employment