The Manufacturing Technician maintains all machines in good working order, troubleshooting and repairing any mechanical or electrical failures. Assists Technicians in other departments within the section. Works closely with Central Engineering Group on projects to upgrade equipment.
Under general supervision receives instructions by way of electronic transmission, verbal, or written from Supervisor regarding production, maintenance or troubleshooting tasks
- Associate is responsible to follow requirements of applicable national and international regulations.
- Troubleshoots high speed manufacturing equipment and performs all electrical and mechanical repairs as required
- Working with Engineering Group on projects that upgrade production equipment
- Verify that inspection units are functioning properly, heats and pressures are within tolerance amount and condition of raw materials, and that operation of machines are smooth and consistent.
- To oversee the safety of the personnel and the machinery in the department
- Perform scheduled repairs, preventative maintenance, and improve machines and auxiliary equipment in addition to repairs for emergency break downs.
- Set up production equipment and make all necessary quality checks prior to line start up for production
- Participates in project performance team meetings on behalf of the job unit in order to provide ideas, methods, or processes for unit/company performance improvement.
- Performs other job related duties assigned.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Mechanical aptitude is critical, as much of the knowledge needed comes from experience of actual line operation and then working in maintenance with a seasoned technician.
- Requires hand eye coordination in making precise and critical adjustments correct the 1st time.
- Typically requires exacting attention to work being performed.
- Considerable standing, reaching, pulling, stooping, etc.
- Background Experience
- Typically requires an AA degree in a relevant field with at least 2 years experience to develop problem solving skills and knowledge of today’s machine complex electronic controls and instruments, motor drive units pneumatics and hydraulic systems, test and calibration equipment.
- Blue print/schematic reading.
- Communication skills both verbal and written.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Long Term Disability