At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people''s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation''s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work -- and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they''re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGISis currently hiring aComposite Manufacturing Technician 4in our San Diego, CA location. Successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Handling and managing fragile composite materials.
- Bond, prep and bonding of composite structures.
- Notate usage and out time controls on all adhesivematerials used.
- Report data and interface with other employees anddepartments.
- Tooling preparation and release application.
- Utilize measurement tools such as calipers, rulers, andtape measures for fabricating hardware.
- Assist in maintaining overall shop appearance andcleanliness.
- 10+ years of experience with close-tolerance assemblywork (e.g. electronics assembly, mechanical assembly, modeling)
- 10+ yearsof experience in a composites/manufacturingenvironment (space/satellite structures, aerospace manufacturingenvironment preferred) and/or specialized education past HS such as anapplicable certification or AA degree.
- Superior Mechanical Ability.
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highmotivation for excellence.
- Able to read, write and work to written instructions,blueprints, or shop drawings in English.
- Proficient use of basic shop arithmetic.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize.
- Experience or familiarity with ISO requirements,standards, and compliance issues.
- Standard computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office:Word and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 8+ hours each day.
- Ability to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
- US Citizenship is required.
- HS Diploma or GED is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.