Please note: We are currently in need of six (6) full-time, temporary Manufacturing Technicians. It is possible that of the six (6), one to two may be transferred to permanent status.
Facilitates, sets up, build, calibrates, tests and breakdown of plasma processing equipment and records results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NOTE: The Manufacturing Technician I performs all duties of Assembly Technician III, and performs the following duties on a limited range of products and equipment, Work is performed under general or close supervision.
- Facilitates equipment applying, water, electrical power and leveling machinery in temporary installation
- Positions and assembles complex Electro/mechanical parts and assemblies part according to blueprints, schematics and/or standard procedures
- Assembles parts using bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners, using hand tools
- Performs complex mechanical alignments and calibration of equipment to the quality standards of ATP (Acceptance Test Procedure) and other procedures that are used during the test cycle of the products
- Performs leak checks on vacuum and mechanical assemblies using leak detection systems
- Debugs and test equipment, including electrical, mechanical, and vacuum systems, gathering of test data. Records and reports test data
- The ability to operate impedance meters and other specializes electronic test equipment
- Prepares systems for shipment, including cleaning, break down of machinery facilities, preparation of miscellaneous list, and interfacing with Shipping
- Maintains Class 10,000 and 1,000 clean room requirements
- It is every employee’s responsibility to be aware of and adhere to the applicable Safety & Health, Quality and Environmental Process of Plasma-Therm, LLC.
- Associate’s Degree from two-year college or technical school or military education
- Minimum one (1) year of directly related experience as a test technician
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to interpret blueprints drawings, schematics, technical procedures, and other related material
- Ability to read, interprets, and follows safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions to perform to the quality standards
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills to solve technical problems
- Proficient in use of crimpers, torque wrenches, vacuum leak detectors, soldering irons, and other assembly hand tools
- Working knowledge of Windows Office
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The normal work environment is typical of manufacturing clean room facility and support areas such as stockroom, machine shop, and laboratory.
- The incumbent is routinely required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, touch, see, and hear, and may be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the regular duties of the position, the incumbent is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, and possible exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals. The incumbent must be able to wear safety equipment and follow safety instructions.
Plasma-Therm is an equal employment opportunity employer, in accordance with applicable federal and state laws for qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran or disability status. When requested and necessary, we provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Manufacturing / Production Technician