Bone Bank Allografts is the distributor of the SteriGraft® line of high-quality bone and soft tissue allografts to medical professionals. BBA became a part of Globus Medical in 2014 and has continued to help doctors and their patients with over 1 million successful transplantations. Join us!
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for performing human tissue processing activities in accordance with FDA regulations, AATB Standards and SOPs.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare sections of human tissue for surgical implantation
- Utilize special techniques, instrumentation, and equipment to evaluate, cut, shape, grind and package tissue to exacting specifications and protocols
- Accurately complete paperwork and perform data entry when applicable
- Perform Lab Support functions of the set-up and breakdown of rooms and handling of donor tissue (passing in) using aseptic technique and maintaining sterile fields
- Maintain supplies and equipment on a daily basis
- Understand and properly handle disposal of Biohazardous and Non-Biohazardous waste
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High school diploma/GED preferred or at least one year of related experience
- 1 year of manufacturing experience; preferably working in an aseptic/sterile environment and/or Tissue Processing or operating room
- Experience with the use of precision measuring equipment such as calipers and micrometers
- Experience operating electrical and pneumatic cutting, drilling, and routing equipment
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to understand and communicate (speak, read & write) in English
- Must have basic computer knowledge skills
- Demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail
- Flexible in working hours
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.