STS Technical Services is hiring Manufacturing Technicians (LPE Growth Lab) in Dallas, Texas.
Summary of Role:
- Prepare and perform HgCdTe LPE material growth as well as post growth processing.
- This includes, but is not limited to HgCdTe / CdZnTe material handling, chemicals handling, liquid phase epitaxy (LPE) reactor operation, FTIR measurement, and final material inspection.
- Provides technical support to engineers and scientists on moderately complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment.
Basic Qualification & Requirements:
- Must have 4+ years Semiconductor industry experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with hazardous chemicals
- Compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment requirements
- Diligent attention to details
- Must have exceptional manual dexterity and ability to use hand tools
- Proficient in math and computer skills such as Windows-based applications
- Microscope capability
- Ability to work in a Class 10000 clean room
- AA/AS Degree or BA/BS Degree
- Experience in semiconductor material growth and processing.
- Material science education or experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recognize, communicate, and respond to process deviations and help identify root cause and corrective actions with Engineering staff
- Comprehend and follow process flow Instructions through floor control system, shop processes, machine instructions, as well as other written or verbal instructions
- Able to visually distinguish formation of solid crystal from a liquid
- Manually operate high-vacuum process equipment
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group setting
- Performing metrology measurements on product
- Product preparation and cleaning using acids and solvents
- Run verification tests on processing equipment and enter data in SPC charts.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work in a class 1000 environment and wear, smock, hair net, safety glasses, and required shoes.
- Lifting – Ability to lift 25 lbs occasionally (less than 5% per week)
- Stooping, Kneeling- Ability to stoop or kneel while assembling or troubleshooting electro-mechanical equipment occasionally. (less than 5% per week)
- Candidates with “Preferred Skills & Experience” but do not meet the 4 yrs experience requirement are acceptable
- Candidates with BS Degree Material Science, Engineering, or hard sciences willing to accept a Technician role are acceptable
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.