IMPORTANT:Before you click on Apply, please read the “APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS”section below. Only completed submissions received via https://careers.housatonic.edu will be reviewed and considered.
MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
ANTICIPATED START DATE: June 2019
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess one of the following combinations of education, training and experience:
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology Associate Degree and a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing technology industry experience;
- High school diploma (or equivalent) from a public comprehensive high school or vocational technical high school and a minimum of 10 years of manufacturing technology industry experience;
- High school diploma (or equivalent) from a public comprehensive high school or vocational technical high school and a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing technology industry experience and a CSCU community college advanced manufacturing technology certificate or nationally recognized credential (i.e. NIMS, AWS, MSSC).
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Academic and practical instruction techniques and methodologies;
- Student testing and evaluation;
- Information technology literacy skills;
- Effective oral and written communications.
Applicants who do not have prior teaching experience must complete approved professional development in academic and practical instruction techniques and methodologies offered within the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities system.
The Academic Dean or other authorized institutional leader can make rare exceptions to the above, based on multiple combinations of education, experience, and other documented rationale.
RESPONSIBILITIES:The Manufacturing Technology Instructor is accountable for providing beneficial learning opportunities for assigned students through effective performance in these essential functional areas: program planning, development, and oversight; instruction planning and preparation; classroom and shop instruction; student records; and all other duties as assigned. In addition to the accountabilities listed above, the position is required to carry out the essential duties of: Attendance and participation at convocation and commencement ceremonies; service on assigned committees and task forces; attendance and participation at committee, staff, informational and professional meetings. These may involve attendance at evening or weekend events.The incumbent is required to maintain currency in the position’s required fields of professional expertise and competencies and to seek out and maintain membership in professional manufacturing organizations. The incumbent is required to maintain complete confidentiality of student records and other information of a confidential nature.
STARTING SALARY: $58,035.00 (CCP17) /$63,093.00 (CCP18) approximate annual salary, with full benefits package.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: To apply, you must submit a cover letter and resume via the HCC Careers Portal at https://careers.housatonic.edu . Incomplete submissions will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 16, 2019
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check.
Housatonic Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of intellectual disability, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Theresa Eisenbach, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer
900 Lafayette Boulevard
Bridgeport, CT 06604
Telephone: (203) 332-5013
Other employment opportunities currently available at Housatonic Community College...
- Academic Associate – Science Labs $53,774*
- Child Development Teacher $58,035*
- Graphics Specialist $53,774*
- Instructor of Biology $57,515*
- Instructor of History $57,515*
- Instructor of Mathematics and Statistics $57,515*
- Media Specialist $58,035*
- Director of Counseling & Wellness $68,419* ~coming soon~
- Workforce Development and Continuing Education Coordinator $63,093* ~coming soon~
*approximate annual salary plus benefits
Please visit the HCC Careers Portal at https://careers.housatonic.edu/ to learn about our current openings (qualifications, deadlines, salary information, etc.) and other employment opportunities.
HCC is a Member of the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages the application of women, minorities and persons with disabilities