Work Location : Kansas City, MO (Mfg Plant)
Functional Area : Manufacturing
Number of Openings : 1
Current Openings : 1.00
Blount International, Inc. has an exceptional opportunity.
We are committed to excellence in our people, products, performance, and profits. We believe our team members are the foundation of our Company's success, and we are committed to continuous improvement and learning, exceptional quality, connecting with our customer, and good relationships with our team members.
WORKING LOCATION: Blount International Kansas City Blades Manufacturing Plant located at 4840 East 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64127
BUSINESS PURPOSE: Under direct supervision, operate and/or tend machines that punch metal material in order to make parts; work as part of team having responsibility for loading or unloading powder coat paint line with parts; pack and/or label parts in preparation for shipment; ensure that work is done in a safe, quality and productive manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Operate Industrial Punch Press
- Place blade in press, ensure blade is located in press as instructed by die setter, making sure blade is against locators.
- Punch press operation, activate the press using the two hand trip or foot pedal, ensuring the blade is held in place by the press.
- Load and unload blades from transportation tubs or carts as part of manufacturing processes
- Pack finished goods to be shipped
- Locate, read, and understand quality documentation
- Complete paperwork for documentation purposes as needed
- Understand and maintain relationships in the Manufacturing Department
- Assist in keeping machines running, including working in other departments as directed
- Follow departmental safety requirements
- High school diploma or nationally recognized accredited equivalent required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum three to six months experience in very similar manufacturing environment i.e. assembly, production, manufacturing, or packaging
- Lift/carry up to 35 lbs frequently
- Stand for duration of 8-hour or 10-hour shift
- English fluency for safety, training and documentation purposes
- Ability to effectively work with others in a team environment
- Basic math skills required
- Basic computer skills
- Stable work history with good employment references
- Excellent attendance record
- Must be available to work onsite for the following shift(s):
- Mid Shift: 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Additional overtime may be necessary to support business needs, reasonable notice will be provided
ABOUT BLOUNT INTERNATIONAL, INC:
Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals operating primarily in two market segments: Forestry, Lawn, and Garden (“FLAG”); and Farm, Ranch, and Agriculture (“FRAG”). Blount also sells products in the construction markets and is the market leader in saw chain and guide bars for chain saws. We also supply original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with cutting attachments.
Blount offers products under the brand names of OREGON®, Carlton®, Woods®, KOX, SpeeCo®, ICS®, Pentruder, and Merit. For more information, visit www.blount.com.
Blount will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Merchandise Discounts
- Employee Events
- Professional Development
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid sick days
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Military Leave
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance