Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77766BR Date posted 12/05/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of the team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Manufacturing Engineer to be based in East Hartford, CT.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking a highly motivated manufacturing engineering professional to support Hot Section Module Center South's manufacturing engineering organization. The Manufacturing Engineering will take ownership over Military and/or Commercial product families and be the liaison between manufacturing and engineering.
Represent manufacturing during Engineering Change proposals and promote best practices in regards to design for manufacturability
Organize and lead manufacturing Process Control reviews for significant design and/or process changes
Develop and maintain Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) methodology for assigned engine hardware
Manage new Product Development through the shop and supplier base
Ownership of cost reduction and process improvement initiatives
Craft and maintain shop floor work instructions
Provide focused & effective leadership in eliminating EH&S/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks
Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance, integrated product teams, systems designers, Information Systems, and program assembly partners A working-knowledge of the ACE (Achievable Competitive Excellence)Tools is desired including Process Certification, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing
Qualification: Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in the Engineering field such as Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or similar technical discipline.
- 5 or more years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Materials engineering or similar experience required
- Masters or advanced degree preferred
- Experience in planning, leading and managing multiple projects within a dynamic, high-volume
- Manufacturing environment
- Applicable manufacturing engineering experience and turbine airfoil processing knowledge are a strong plus
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Strong project engineering/planning skills
- Statistical process control skills (Six-sigma training) are a strong plus for this position
- Craft clear communication
- Build positive relationships
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Welding experience strongly preferred
Education: Bachelor's degree in the Engineering field such as Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or similar technical discipline.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.