Marcom Associate - Short-Term Assignment (3-6 Months)
The Marcom Associate is responsible for supporting communications and marketing for the Family of Companies. This role focuses on the communications management lifecycle, including producing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing materials for various groups across the organization. The Marcom Associate is also responsible for project management and working directly and collaboratively with all staff members and departments such as Development, People & Performance (Human Resources), Facilities, Recruiting, Operations, and Information Technology for the effective execution of marketing and communications program elements
The Marketing Communications, Development and Public Policy team is responsible for a variety of tasks andfocused on building our Family of Companies’ brands with compelling stories that attract and retain the best talent, compel our communities to donate, shape policy and create an interest in partnering with organizations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Integrate successfully into the Family of Companies. Establish personal and professional credibility, gain respect and collaborate across the organization and with outside partners.
- Maintain and update company websites and digital products in WordPress.
- Assist with graphic design needs, including internal company newsletters, monthly activities, digital displays and social media.
- Create excellent PPT presentations to support team efforts.
- Support internal communications priorities for the organization.
- Create surveys via Survey Monkey and Qualtrics and produce reports upon request.
- Support production of clinical materials, parent resources and guidebooks, client activities and educational worksheets and videos.
- Assist with pulling metrics for quarterly project recaps.
- Proof communications per AP Style and modified AP style.
- Coordinate basic team events and support other internal events.
- Assist with sending out internal and external communications using MailChimp and Sendy.
- Maintain and track the content for internal communications, blogs and digital products.
- Be an ambassador for a fun and highly effective team.
- Must attend staff meetings, trainings and other meetings as requested.
- Responsible to complete additional job duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Minimum Education, Experience & Training Equivalent to:
- 4-6 years in a marketing or communications department.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong project management; experience using Monday or Jira for project management is desirable.
- Ability to remain agile, resourceful and responsive in a remote working environment.
- HTML and Adobe Creative Suite experience, especially Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong writing and design skills with ability to provide samples.
- Deep experience working in the Microsoft Office suite including excellent and fast PowerPoint skills.
- Experience working quickly and efficiently in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams toward task completion upon request.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to provide skilled, professional support in photography from equipment set-up to photo editing preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Service-oriented and flexible. Track record of providing excellent customer service and operating in fluid, fast-changing, high-growth environments.
- Ability to manage day-to-day responsibilities, with or without supervision, and maintain transparency on projects, timelines, etc.
- Sensitivity to working with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, and economically diverse population.
- A commitment to the values of the organization while demonstrating good judgment, flexibility, patience and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), especially Excel and related computer software.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Ability to work in an exciting, fast paced high energy environment while effectively multitasking.
- Personable; able to work comfortably with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage day-to-day responsibilities without supervision.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Must be highly detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Visual and auditory ability to work with clients, staff and others in the workplace continuously.
- Frequent speaking and listening (20-80%) to clients, staff, and others in the workplace.
- Ability to utilize computer, cell phone (iPhone), fax machine, telephone and copy machine, as well as social media apps.
- Frequent sitting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Ability to obtain and maintain criminal record clearance through the Department of Justice (DOJ). The People & Performance Department must analyze DOJ/FBI live scan reports in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, as well as fitness for the position.
- Ability to obtain and maintain clearance through the Office of Inspector General.
- Able to travel to multiple work sites. Reliable transportation needed.
- Must attend any required training.
Catalight is a new foundation that helps home and community-based organizations transform their business operations, so they can focus on growing and scaling efficiently. Catalight provides customers with strategic solutions, support and financial access, allowing them to breakdown internal barriers and expand their impact in the communities they serve.
Catalight is also the parent company in our family of companies where it provides executive oversight, strategic planning and shared services like finance, legal, compliance, human resources, business development, communications, and clinical optimization.
The family of companies is a strategic set of non-profit organizations, including Easterseals Northern California, Easterseals Hawaii, the Behavioral Health Provider Network (BHPN), and Xolv, that are working together to responsibly disrupt and transform the delivery of home and community-based care.
The Catalight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer