The Margin Analyst is responsible for systematically collecting and analyzing relevant pricing and costing information that will lead to credible pricing and margins.
Margin Analyst Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Transact all business in accordance to Animal Health International Inc.'s business code of ethics and conduct.
- Maintain costing on assigned groups of materials.
- Determine what gaps exist in current reporting and analysis and develop a strategy to obtain missing information.
- Monitor price/margins within SAP and B/W for all products and classifications.
- Monitor pricing assumptions and report any potential or real risks and develop a written strategy to mitigate those risks.
- Monitor expiration dates of price conditions.
- Monitor price override conditions and provide cross-tabulated analysis of price overrides to market conditions as well as internal practices.
- Continually review pricing data for the market and project on a timely basis the potential impact associated with the upward or downward trend.
- Maintain training program for managers and sales people in margin management principles and using pricing tools to maximize profit margin.
- Working with the training team to ensure that all field and inside sales representatives receive proper training as it relates to pricing within SAP and B/W.
- Performs other Margin Analyst duties as assigned.
Margin Analyst Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- An aptitude for data management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office, specifically Excel.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and self-motivated.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Energetic and Passionate.
Preferred Margin Analyst Experience:
- BA or BS degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of cost or market pricing experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in the animal health market preferred.
- 2 or more years market analysis experience preferred.
- Presentation and training experience highly desirable.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.