Vigor expects all employees to enhance the atmosphere in which they work by living the Vigor Values every day.
Truth: We seek the truth, and we speak the truth
Responsibility: We act on what we know is right
Evolution: We seek mastery, and adapt to a changing world
Love: We care about the people we work with, and the world we live in
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operates welding equipment using appropriate GMAW techniques to weld aluminum plates and extrusions in all positions, occasionally in confined spaces.
- Prepares weldments using a variety of tools such as grinders, saws, wire brushes and routers
- Interprets specifications from blueprints, drawings, charts and weld schedules to layout weld patterns
- Performs tack-welding during fabrication phase of construction
- Operates cranes, clamps, hydraulic rams and other typical boat building equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrable skill performing commercial grade aluminum welds with the GMAW process
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and weld schedules
- Ability to use typical shop fabrication devices such as tri-squares, levels and tape measures
- Experienced with shop mathematics
- Experienced safe and effective operation of an overhead crane
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of two years of verifiable aluminum GMAW (MIG) welding during the past five years.
- Boat building experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS:
Required to pass 3G and 4G Coast Guard aluminum plate welding tests within first 30 days of employment.
- Maneuvering in tight places, uneven floors
- Climbing up and down ladders, ramps and stairs
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting and moving objects weighing up to 50 lbs. continuously; lifting objects weighing over 50 lbs. with assistance
- Highly industrial manufacturing environment
- Exposure to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors
- Occasional overtime required
- Various shift work required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vigor and its wholly owned subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vigor complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.