Glosten, Inc. (equal opportunity employer) is seeking an entry-level marine electrical engineer to join our marine engineering group in Seattle, WA or Providence, RI. Glosten is a respected leader in providing engineering services to the global marine community. Established in 1958, we are employee-owned and committed to the professional growth of our associates. We work in teams, we do cool projects, and we enjoy a stimulating, fast-paced, and collegial environment.
It is an exciting time to be a marine electrical engineer. Modern energy storage systems are allowing cost-effective hybrid and all-electric vessel propulsion configurations. Advances in power electronics are allowing increased flexibility in electrical generation and distribution system designs that can reduce vessel fuel consumption and emissions, and increase reliability. Fully autonomous vehicles are a reality and the technology is actively being adapted to future vessel concepts.
Please visit our website (www.glosten.com) to learn more about our company, our projects and clients, and what is happening at Glosten.
Interested applicants should submit theircover letter, resume,andtranscripts(both official and unofficial will be accepted) for review.
Successful Glosten Associates:
- Strive for excellence.
- Demonstrate a mutual respect for coworkers in a culture of collaboration, integrity, and innovation.
- Are willing to take on our clients' problems as our own, become the clients' advocate, and cultivate long-term client relationships.
- Demonstrate a passion for the maritime industry.
- Are motivated to identify and pursue internal and external professional growth opportunities, including areas outside their specific discipline.
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and graphical communication.
Education and Certification:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in one of the following: marine engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering.
- Coursework or other experience with electrical power systems and/or industrial control systems is a plus for candidates with a mechanical or marine engineering degree.
- Engineer-in-Training certification is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electrical power system components: generators, switchboards, transformers, circuit breakers, motors.
- Basic knowledge of three phase power system calculations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software packages.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. Due to project restrictions, Glosten will only consider applicants with unrestricted access to work in the United States or those eligible for TN visas.
Some travel and fieldwork are required. Some project assignments may require a valid driver's license, current passport, and/or TWIC card.
Glosten offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, bonus and profit-sharing plans, and a 401(k) plan.
Glosten is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Glosten does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, handicap, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
We encourage women, minorities, veterans, disabled veterans, and the disabled to apply for this position.
Interested applicants should submit the following items in order to be considered for the position -
- Cover letter
- Transcripts (either official or unofficial will be accepted)
Applicants missing any documentation will not be considered.