Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and instructions.
- Identify tools and materials per task and request materials as needed.
- Remove, install and test electrical equipment, including cables, lights, horns, motors, controllers, engines, generators, and other components.
- Requires performing preventive and corrective maintenance, performing pre-start and post operation checks on small Navy patrol and combat watercraft
- Use meters and other devices to connect, troubleshoot and operate electrical equipment.
- Perform alignments.
- Use various hand tools, drill press, air compressor, generator, chain hoist, sandblaster, paint gun, grinder, forklift and other equipment to mount equipment and fabricate/install electrical connections, including soldered, crimped and mechanical terminations.
- Support mechanical and structural disciplines.
- Assist in job-site set-up, maintenance, restoration, and securing.
- Knowledgeable and trained in safe work practices.
- Prepare and cleanup work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of five years of consistent experience as a Marine Electrician.
- Must have current KITCO approved Fiber Optic Termination certification
- Must have current connector certification for Multi-pin, RF, DB, and RJ-45.
- Provide own electrician trade and basic hand tools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 40 lbs.
- WALKING AND CLIMBING. Ability to climb up to four flights of stairs and climb ladders.
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.