MARINE MECHANICAL ENGINEER (HVAC)
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering, and design firms. We are seeking an energetic, well-qualified individual for a position as a Marine HVAC Engineer. You will be based out of Arlington VA.
Must have experience with design of, and changes to, shipboard heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Perform heat load calculations applying HVAC engineering principles, techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Develop test procedures to ensure component and system performance.
- Execution of design and other studies, creation of design products (drawing and reports), and preparation of briefings to higher authority.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of HVAC analyses and other engineering documentation.
- Work independently (with moderate supervision), or on project teams
- Client interface, at an appropriate level.
- Manage project schedule and technical product development.
- Direct interface with design leads.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering.
- 5 or more years of experience.
- Developed heat load calculations, proficient in excel and developed own tools for Navy HVAC design.
- Professional engineering experience designing shipboard ventilation systems to commercial and military specs and standards (knowledge of ABS Naval Vessel Rules a plus) is preferred. Commercial HVAC design experience will be considered.
- Proficient in using industry-standard mechanical HVAC system design and analysis software tools.
- Professional Engineering Credential (in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or other applicable discipline) desired
- Experience working with Military Sealift Command a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or other CAD type software
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff offers the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, in an environment than includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal-opportunity employer.