Tradesmen International is looking for Marine Sheetmetal Mechanic for Newport News, VA.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND AND HAIR FOLLICLE DRUG TEST.
Pay: UP TO $27.31/HR DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE.
We do offer a per diem of $120/working day if your home residence is more than 60 miles away from the job site.
Must have 4 or more years of commercial/naval sheet metal experience as a first class Sheetmetal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
- Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
- Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of the ruler.
- Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
- Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to shipbuilding industry.
- Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, shears etc).
Tradesmen International, America’s elite skilled labor force, is seeking experienced Marine Sheetmetal Mechanics to join our team. We are recognized internationally as a leading source for reliable, skilled mechanics with thousands of employees across North America. With more than 5,000 active clients we have a plenty of great opportunities for skilled sheetmetal mechanics that want to be the best in their field. We offer consistent work, top pay, benefits, and employment opportunities in most major markets throughout North America.
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Prescription drug plan
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- Incentive programs
- Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).