OverviewGryphon Technologies, Inc. (Gryphon) is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks. Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We provide Scientific, Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, VA. For sixty years, DARPA has held to a singular and enduring mission: to make pivotal investments in breakthrough technologies for national security.
We have a current need for a Junior to Mid-Level Engineer with technical and programmatic experience in maritime domain systems to support DARPA in Arlington, VA.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing a range of support within your area of expertise and experience, to the Government Program Manager, in developing and implementing an ongoing Science and Technology (S&T) program to design, build, and demonstrate unmanned surface vessels
- Reviewing acquisition related documents
- Participating in specification and requirements development, tracking, testing, and reporting
- Participating in development and engineering design reviews
- Participating in readiness reviews
- Participating in the management of verification efforts for key performance objectives
- Producing and maintaining deficiency tracking database
- Providing system integration analysis
- Participating in post-test analysis activities and review and analysis of test data
- Preparing briefs and meeting minutes
- Reviewing and provide recommendations for CDRLs and other documents.
- Responding to official tasks from Government clients
- Advising Government clients on incoming technical proposals and white papers
- Discussing new ideas for Government programs with researchers
- Tracking the progress of contracted researchers on their Government programs, including independent testing, and eventual technology transition to end users
- Participating in key intra and interagency meetings
- Some CONUS travel (20%) likely
- Work will be performed on-site (Arlington, VA)
- Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, or a related technical field
- Minimum of 4 years’ work in a technical environment and experience with Navy, Maritime industry and/or the ocean environment.
- Working knowledge of the Department of Navy missions and organizations
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, interact with performers and customer senior-level management
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic and a willingness to grow in responsibility over time
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI clearance
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical discipline or field
- Prior experience as a government SETA
- Prior experience at DARPA or a closely related DoD science and technology organization
- Prior experience with programs related to national defense
- Experience with the design, integration and test of unmanned systems
- Experience preparing and presenting technical and programmatic information to diverse audiences
- Working knowledge of the Department of Defense research and development and acquisition processes
- Developing plans, budgets, and schedules
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.